Wanderers (THTS) The Match Thread Dorking at Crossed Purposes

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Wanderers (THTS) The Match Thread Dorking at Crossed Purposes

So....... Saturday sees the bees move closer to the end of the normal season as we take on Marc White FC in our latest Banarama Fixture.

After battling past Eastleigh, this weekend is a great opportunity for us to solidify our top 3 place with our playoff rivals facing off against each other.

Dorking Wanderers FC are a club founded on the ambitions of their owner and manager and while they are something of an odd duck they always provide a warm welcome and have been an entertaining addition to the National League, mostly by virtue of Marc White's youtube channel. Although they find themselves second from bottom and with only one win in their last 5 games the league table is tighter than Craig Hooper's kit, with 6 points separating 13th and 23rd so they will be hoping to pick up a win and claw towards safety. While White may be treading on eggshells while trying to keep his team up he will be hopeful their National League dream does not go up in smoke.

For Barnet we should have Stead and Freeman back which is something of a relief given how poorly Brunt and Maguire-Drew performed in the second half. It is to be hoped that we will get Pritchard back sooner rather than later also as he is key to alot of what we do in midfield. As was pointed out, Brunt was clearly under instruction to push the ball out to Coker rather than shoot while placed in some excellent positions but the lack of flexibility around this left us a bit one dimensional as he surrendered several excellent shooting opportunities. While we are using him in this limited way I think he struggles to justify his place over Stead.

In terms of team lineup I would go:-

-------------------------------Walker------------------------------

-------------Collinge---------Thompson--------Okimo-----------

----Cropper------Gorman--------Hartigan---------Coker---------

--------------O'Donkor--------Kabamba-------Stead----------------

Subs: Kanu, Hall-Johnson, Freeman, Brunt, Maguire-Drew

I am doing this one. Off to celebrate Foxy's 40th after.

COYBS
Ajtheone04

Re: Wanderers (THTS) The Match Thread Dorking at Crossed Purposes

Now that we have about 7 options at CM/AM I think it would be worth rotating one of the four who've played every game during this injury crisis (Brunt, Hartigan, GOD, Stead) not only to keep them fresh, but also to make sure that those who have just come back from injury get match sharp.

I also wouldn't be against playing a 4-3-3 or 5-3-2 like we have in recent weeks based off what Marc White said about us in the Dorking documentary.
ETBee

Apart from the Fylde game our goals scored total since the start of the year has been unimpressive. This game is a great chance to boost our GD which could be critical come the final reckoning, and just get into the habit of scoring eg by taking more shots! Brunt and Hartigan please note. Gorman likes to have a go when he can. Without looking at the stats I feel that recently if we go one goal down we don't seem able to get back.
Bee_Forever

ETBee wrote:Apart from the Fylde game our goals scored total since the start of the year has been unimpressive. This game is a great chance to boost our GD which could be critical come the final reckoning, and just get into the habit of scoring eg by taking more shots! Brunt and Hartigan please note. Gorman likes to have a go when he can. Without looking at the stats I feel that recently if we go one goal down we don't seem able to get back.
Nicke Kabamba.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

jerroll

ETBee wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 11:25 Apart from the Fylde game our goals scored total since the start of the year has been unimpressive. This game is a great chance to boost our GD which could be critical come the final reckoning, and just get into the habit of scoring eg by taking more shots! Brunt and Hartigan please note. Gorman likes to have a go when he can. Without looking at the stats I feel that recently if we go one goal down we don't seem able to get back.
Dagenham 1 down won, radcliffe 1 down won, Fylde 1 down won so its 3 wins out of 9 games where we have conceeded 1st. Do you ever post anything positive about this team?
becbee

ET Bee - why make a post "without looking at the stats" when the stats would prove or disprove your claim?
rudebwoyben

Re: Wanderers (THTS) The Match Thread Dorking at Crossed Purpose

Vibes and feelings trump facts!
PBBee

ETBee wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 11:25 Apart from the Fylde game our goals scored total since the start of the year has been unimpressive. This game is a great chance to boost our GD which could be critical come the final reckoning, and just get into the habit of scoring eg by taking more shots! Brunt and Hartigan please note. Gorman likes to have a go when he can. Without looking at the stats I feel that recently if we go one goal down we don't seem able to get back.
Not sure we should underestimate them at all, maybe Oxford next week but not Dorking. I naively said at 2-0 Tuesday we should be turning the screw & improving that GD - little did I know.

I wonder if Pritch might be back, hope it hasn't turned into anything serious. Serious (but good) selection headaches if so!
pgbee

If anyone fancies a bit of a giggle check out Marc White interview after getting knocked out of FAC by Horsham.
BedfordBee

Dorking's run of games is tough and they will have a big say in the top of the table:-
Sat 16th Mar - Solihull Moors (H) - 1 - 1
Sat 23rd Mar - Barnet (A)
Fri 29th Mar - Bromley (H)
Mon 1st Apr - Aldershot (A)
Sat 6th Apr - Altrincham (H)

Highlights from there match against Solihull - very open game :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTuOpORVp_0

His honest assessment after the game and criticises there pitch - makes you realise why we may rest / protect some players on the astro turf pitches:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAOn9eRa4fQ
Tickets

1250 home 100 away. Should be over 2000 there
jerroll

Tickets wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 18:28 1250 home 100 away. Should be over 2000 there
With no Spuds or the Arse you would expect so!
jamiefrbees

Can't believe how bad the thread title is...

Had the brilliant:

'Look who's Dorking II'

staring him in the face, and went with a long clumsy title. :bash:
jamiefrbees

Also, anyone else notice Chesterfield have conceded more goals than us this season?
hoofer2

jamiefrbees wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 20:41 Also, anyone else notice Chesterfield have conceded more goals than us this season?
And Kidderminster who in bottom 3 too.

Surprised still in the mire. Looked capable at The Hive