Solihull Tickets - Advice

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
CambsBee

Solihull Tickets - Advice

I am taking my two sons to the match on Friday and wondered if anyone could give me any advice re where to book tickets.

They are 13 and 9 and I was wondering if the standing area would be suitable? I know the eldest would love it but not sure about the younger one.

I can see there are tickets available for the uncovered area but wondered what people thought. The weather looks okay but don't really want two wet and bedraggled children :mellow:
jerroll

Re: Solihull Tickets - Advice

CambsBee wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 12:33 I am taking my two sons to the match on Friday and wondered if anyone could give me any advice re where to book tickets.

They are 13 and 9 and I was wondering if the standing area would be suitable? I know the eldest would love it but not sure about the younger one.

I can see there are tickets available for the uncovered area but wondered what people thought. The weather looks okay but don't really want two wet and bedraggled children :mellow:
The ground at Solihull isn't usually segregated, they sell separate tickets so they can confirm away support. The ground is a dump, sight lines from covered seats are poor and its golf course temporary seats on open side!
becbee

I agree that the ground isn't great but it's less than a dump than it used to be.
JWTBee

becbee wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 14:12 I agree that the ground isn't great but it's less than a dump than it used to be.
It can't be as bad as Bromley surely!?
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
jerroll

JWTBee wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 14:24
becbee wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 14:12 I agree that the ground isn't great but it's less than a dump than it used to be.
its a dump, 2 very low covered ends - 1 metal!, uncovered seats on 1 side and the strangest main stand in the league
becbee

JWTBee wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 14:24
I would say that the toilets are better, except that last season they closed the ladies just after half time and nobody was authorised to re-open them. At least I got an apology when I wrote to complain, which is more than you ever get from Bromley.
PBBee

Hasn’t it got a decent bar but presumably it’s outside of the stadium so no access at half-time etc?

At least there are seats offered - bringing my little one Friday as well so also waiting on weather to be confirmed as dry. If not can we actually sit in a covered stand?
becbee

PBBee wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 18:17 Hasn’t it got a decent bar but presumably it’s outside of the stadium so no access at half-time etc?

At least there are seats offered - bringing my little one Friday as well so also waiting on weather to be confirmed as dry. If not can we actually sit in a covered stand?
Last season the bar was inside the ground, was called Peaky Blinders and had P.B. stuff on the walls. We were allowed in pre kick off, didn't try at half time, only food available was crisps.
letchbee94

I go on terrace behind goal but it looked like they are relaxed if you choose seats or terrace.

The entrance we go into seems to change every season though.
Year before last we had own turnstile but last season we used same 1 as home fans.

Got feeling we might have own turstile this season maybe as it fairly big game.
foxy

So its buy on the day? No pre-discounted tickets?
letchbee94

foxy wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 21:15 So its buy on the day? No pre-discounted tickets?
Looks like it same price on day.
PBBee

letchbee94 wrote:
foxy wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 21:15 So its buy on the day? No pre-discounted tickets?
Looks like it same price on day.
From what I can see at the ticket office only - hard to find the info. Small increase but not sure if the £1 booking fee is saved.

Will book mine the night/morning before.
johnnyfairbrotherbee

I've been to Solihull a few times now with my daughter as it's one of the closer games we can get to since we moved to the West Country. We actually like the ground, found staff generally friendly. Seating for away supporters is in a corner but if you sit higher up you get a decent view (even when she was small). The away terrace is long and narrow and so there is always plenty of space, so you can keep your distance from those who feel they have the human right to swear around children. If your younger one gets bored the ground is under the flight path for the airport.
Only issue TBH is the catering - last time the tea hut was right next door - literally - to the loos - the queue for both seemed to merge, which wasn't massively appetising! You're on the right side of BIrmngham if you want to head to the Balti Triangle for a curry afterwards - about 20 minutes' drive.
CambsBee

johnnyfairbrotherbee wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 08:37 I've been to Solihull a few times now with my daughter as it's one of the closer games we can get to since we moved to the West Country. We actually like the ground, found staff generally friendly. Seating for away supporters is in a corner but if you sit higher up you get a decent view (even when she was small). The away terrace is long and narrow and so there is always plenty of space, so you can keep your distance from those who feel they have the human right to swear around children. If your younger one gets bored the ground is under the flight path for the airport.
Only issue TBH is the catering - last time the tea hut was right next door - literally - to the loos - the queue for both seemed to merge, which wasn't massively appetising! You're on the right side of BIrmngham if you want to head to the Balti Triangle for a curry afterwards - about 20 minutes' drive.
Thanks for this. They are both really looking forward to it. The eldest has wanted to go to an away game for a while and this is the first time everything has aligned :D

Now all I need to do is work out where is best to park. The Solihull website says to use the NCP, which I don't mind paying for as I am unfamiliar with the area
johnnyfairbrotherbee

CambsBee wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 08:46
johnnyfairbrotherbee wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 08:37 I've been to Solihull a few times now with my daughter as it's one of the closer games we can get to since we moved to the West Country. We actually like the ground, found staff generally friendly. Seating for away supporters is in a corner but if you sit higher up you get a decent view (even when she was small). The away terrace is long and narrow and so there is always plenty of space, so you can keep your distance from those who feel they have the human right to swear around children. If your younger one gets bored the ground is under the flight path for the airport.
Thanks for this. They are both really looking forward to it. The eldest has wanted to go to an away game for a while and this is the first time everything has aligned :D

Now all I need to do is work out where is best to park. The Solihull website says to use the NCP, which I don't mind paying for as I am unfamiliar with the area
We've generally parked just to the west of Damson Parkway, 5-10 minutes' walk away, Huxbey Drive etc...it's a sprawling estate and usually no problem so long as you don't leave it until the last minute. Enjoy it!