100 apps Pritchard and Okimo

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Patel89

100 apps Pritchard and Okimo

I think this deserves a thread as both individuals have been incredible signings proper leaders and exceptional Pros - the funny thing is both eastleigh and Wealdstone had written them off but how wrong

Jerome Okimo for me has optimised exactly what we were lacking before he came him in Leader in the dressing room just think back to Turley and compare him to Okimo head and shoulders

Proud that both are Barnet Players - Top Pro's
b4life

Re: 100 apps Pritchard and Okimo

Completely agree Nick, both players are the epitome of dedicated professionals. Long may they continue! Just look at the impact Pritchard had on us yesterday, he drove us forward.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
becbee

Just loved Harry Pritchard's post yesterday, copied to Downhill Second Half:

" Been stuck on 99 for way too long. Honoured and proud to make my 100th appearance for the Bees."
DerekRocholl

Patel89 wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 06:02 I think this deserves a thread as both individuals have been incredible signings proper leaders and exceptional Pros - the funny thing is both eastleigh and Wealdstone had written them off but how wrong

Jerome Okimo for me has optimised exactly what we were lacking before he came him in Leader in the dressing room just think back to Turley and compare him to Okimo head and shoulders

Okimo is and has been great. I liked Turley too and thought he was put in a horrible place by the club. Not sure why someone has to be belittled in order to praise someone else.
WillesdenBee

DerekRocholl wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 07:35
Patel89 wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 06:02 I think this deserves a thread as both individuals have been incredible signings proper leaders and exceptional Pros - the funny thing is both eastleigh and Wealdstone had written them off but how wrong

Okimo is and has been great. I liked Turley too and thought he was put in a horrible place by the club. Not sure why someone has to be belittled in order to praise someone else.
Turley was not a leader. Okimo is exactly that.
Patel89

Derek I wasn't trying to belittle Turley
becbee

Please can we just keep Turley out of this and stick with praising Pritchard and Okimo.
DerekRocholl

WillesdenBee wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 09:04

Bullshit, they both are.

@Nick if you weren’t trying to belittle Turley why were you saying that Okimo was head and shoulders above him as a leader. Turley was our captain and was given the captaincy of the England C team, to suggest that he is a minnow in terms of leadership compared to someone who hasn’t been accorded the same responsibilities is hard to read in any other way.
LeftSideRun

100 for Nicke, too. 3 important players.

I didn't think Okimo would play much when he came but he's been Mr Dependable.
b4life

DerekRocholl wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 11:16

Bullshit, they both are.

@Nick if you weren’t trying to belittle Turley why were you saying that Okimo was head and shoulders above him as a leader. Turley was our captain and was given the captaincy of the England C team, to suggest that he is a minnow in terms of leadership compared to someone who hasn’t been accorded the same responsibilities is hard to read in any other way.
I kind of agree with Nick. Okimo leads by example, doesn't shout about it, just gets on with it, match in, match out. Turley had a big ego and led by his position of captain. It was all about him. Sometimes that was good, sometimes not so good. I'd rather have Okimo.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
letchbee94

Both been excellent players so far, Hopefully we can see them playing at Wembley and football league for us.
DerekRocholl

b4life wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 14:09
DerekRocholl wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 11:16

Bullshit, they both are.

I kind of agree with Nick. Okimo leads by example, doesn't shout about it, just gets on with it, match in, match out. Turley had a big ego and led by his position of captain. It was all about him. Sometimes that was good, sometimes not so good. I'd rather have Okimo.
Turley was the captain, and took on the responsibility fully on and off the pitch. Okimo isn’t the captain and the leadership role he takes on isn’t the same. I doubt you will find many players if any who would say Turley’s leadership capabilities were inferior, let alone signficantly so. Wasn’t he voted the most valuable player by the players who were in the same England C squad ?
John Hunt

Pritchard, Okimo and Turley all fine players.

Pritch's off field issue thankfully led to no real punishment and I hope that is the end of it.

Nick is not the kind to belittle anyone Derek so maybe it was the wording. I find him unwavering in his loyalty to players and selfless.

I agree that I feel Turley was poorly treated by the club.. Does he still play football?
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
bfc_mo

Coincidentally it’s Turley’s birthday today haha
DerekRocholl

John Hunt wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 16:23 Pritchard, Okimo and Turley all fine players.

Pritch's off field issue thankfully led to no real punishment and I hope that is the end of it.

Nick is not the kind to belittle anyone Derek so maybe it was the wording. I find him unwavering in his loyalty to players and selfless.

I agree that I feel Turley was poorly treated by the club.. Does he still play football?
No he retired following injury during the last season he was with us.

Leaving that aside it is great that we have a team with at least 6 strong leaders (Okimo, Thompson, Collinge, Pritchard, Gorman, and Kabamba) in the squad. Any of them could take the captain’s role if required, and this is no doubt underpinning this season’s progress.