Bromley (THTS) The Thin Lilywhite Duke Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Bromley (THTS) The Thin Lilywhite Duke Match Thread

So..... tomorrow we take on Bromley FC in the Bananarama League in our penultimate fixture at The Hive Temporary Stadium in the regular league season.

With Bromley sitting just below us in the league a win will all but guarantee a minimun of third place in the league, which has to be the way we are aiming to avoid a tricky eliminator. The Lilywhites have garnered 8 points in their last 5 games a reflection both of their Trophy impacted schedule and how tough this league is.

Bromley, the childhood home of David Bowie are pushing for their first promotion to the league which makes them absolute beginners compared to our three pomotions. While we have gone through a lot of changes over the years the story of Bromley is one of gradual growth good stewardship and excellent management. After a fairly testy terrace atmosphere at Maidenhead it will be interesting to see who queen bitch will be on Tuesday and with Calum Reynolds playing there is likely to be a fair bit more baiting of our former players which I know some find distasteful. Despite losing at Bromley with a comedy back line this feels like a much different fixture with us having sorted the back three and I don't think Thompson is the type of player who lets opposition dance through. It is a shame this match co-incides with the Arsenal vs Bayern match as I am sure that many will prefer the soulless sound and vision of a Champions League game but hopefully the few bees who do attend will be dancing in the street at full time.

In terms of our team lineup Brennan has some tough decisions to make. If Pritchard and Kanu were fit to start I am sure they would slot in for Coker and our luxury midfielder Zak Brunt but it feels risky to throw them in for this game or for Halifax. I would be tempted to gradually ramp up their minutes over the next 3 games so they are ready for the Playoffs even if it means we start with a weaker team. Hall-Johnson has been wretched for weeks so I would start Cropper and hope he finally takes his opportunity from the start with Hall-Johnson coming back refreshed in a week or so. Re. the Walker versus Keeley debate, I feel like I have got trapped in some of the reactionary nonsense that has followed this and we now just need to stick with Keeley even though his error on Saturday was deeply irritating. His confidence did look a bit shaky after the error but he sharpened up in the second half and he plays how Deano wants us to play so I will keep faith with him as I am sure Deano will:-

--------------------------------Keeley-------------------------------

------------------Collinge-----Thompson------Okimo-------------

---Cropper--------Gorman------Hartigan-------Coker------------

------------------Stead----------Kabamba-------Ferrero Rochet--

Subs: Walker, Hall-Johnson, O'Donkor, Kanu, Pritchard

I am doing this one because I prefer real football. COYBS.
rudebwoyben

Re: Bromley (THTS) The Thin Lilywhite Duke Match Thread

So do I! See you there.
If Pritchard is fully fit, I’d start him over Brunt (no reflection on Brunt but just feel that Bromley present the sort of challenge Pritch relishes).
CambsBee

Great to see Pritch and Kanu getting minutes. I really like Brunt and his assist/goal return has been good, which Dean likes to remind us. At the moment, I think Brunt could be used as an "impact" sub later in the game, as he was against Oxford City.

Bringing the boys to this one, as they are still on holiday, really excited but also very nervous :unsure:

COYB's
DerekRocholl

If we beat Bromley on Tuesday we will definitely be guaranteed a minimum of 3rd place (no need for “all but”). It feels to me like the most significant game we have played at the Hive since the last relegation, and I hope DB starts with our strongest possible line up which IMO was the one we ended the game with at Maidenhead.

Really looking forward to Tuesday, I hope the team gets the support it deserves in both numerical and vocal terms.
wearebees

DerekRocholl wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 13:01 If we beat Bromley on Tuesday we will definitely be guaranteed a minimum of 3rd place (no need for “all but”). It feels to me like the most significant game we have played at the Hive since the last relegation, and I hope DB starts with our strongest possible line up which IMO was the one we ended the game with at Maidenhead.

Really looking forward to Tuesday, I hope the team gets the support it deserves in both numerical and vocal terms.
They won't in numbers, sadly, but it's looking more full than other Tuesday night games at least. School hols should help. Really is a massive game, such an easy decision between this and the Champions League!
amberforever

I would like to see Laurie in for this one.
Mikel Bee

DerekRocholl wrote:If we beat Bromley on Tuesday we will definitely be guaranteed a minimum of 3rd place (no need for “all but”). It feels to me like the most significant game we have played at the Hive since the last relegation, and I hope DB starts with our strongest possible line up which IMO was the one we ended the game with at Maidenhead.

Trying to work out the various permutations. I think the same applies if we draw and Gateshead fail to beat Aldershot?
Jdk103

Personally I think we’ve already made at least 3rd place, but would be good to send out a warning shot to rivals ahead of the play offs
CrawleyBee

wearebees wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 13:19
DerekRocholl wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 13:01 If we beat Bromley on Tuesday we will definitely be guaranteed a minimum of 3rd place (no need for “all but”). It feels to me like the most significant game we have played at the Hive since the last relegation, and I hope DB starts with our strongest possible line up which IMO was the one we ended the game with at Maidenhead.

They won't in numbers, sadly, but it's looking more full than other Tuesday night games at least. School hols should help. Really is a massive game, such an easy decision between this and the Champions League!

Gutted can’t be there as away with work. Hope the lads get the support. Come on you bees massive game.
Formerly Watfordbee
beew

Jdk103 wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 15:35 Personally I think we’ve already made at least 3rd place, but would be good to send out a warning shot to rivals ahead of the play offs
Fully agree, we've enough points on the board for 3rd.but need to keep our form up.
DerekRocholl

Mikel Bee wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 15:27
DerekRocholl wrote:If we beat Bromley on Tuesday we will definitely be guaranteed a minimum of 3rd place (no need for “all but”). It feels to me like the most significant game we have played at the Hive since the last relegation, and I hope DB starts with our strongest possible line up which IMO was the one we ended the game with at Maidenhead.

Trying to work out the various permutations. I think the same applies if we draw and Gateshead fail to beat Aldershot?
Don’t think that works. A draw would give us 80 points and Bromley 75. If they lost to Aldershot Gateshead can get 81 points by winning their other 4 games including the one against Bromley. Bromley would still be able to get to 81 points by winning their final 2 games.
Mikel Bee

DerekRocholl wrote:

Don’t think that works. A draw would give us 80 points and Bromley 75. If they lost to Aldershot Gateshead can get 81 points by winning their other 4 games including the one against Bromley. Bromley would still be able to get to 81 points by winning their final 2 games.
I think only one of them would be able to reach 81 points in that scenario as they can't both win all of their remaining games after tomorrow night due playing each other on the final day.
jerroll

Mikel Bee wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 17:10
DerekRocholl wrote:

I think only one of them would be able to reach 81 points in that scenario as they can't both win all of their remaining games after tomorrow night due playing each other on the final day.
Bromley still have 4 games including tomorrow!
BeesKnees99

Mikel Bee wrote:
DerekRocholl wrote:

Gateshead can reach 84 points by winning all their remaining 5 games.

Bromley can reach 83 points by winning 3 of their remaining 4 games, losing to Gateshead on the final day.

Highly unlikely but not utterly impossible.

Got everything crossed we can seal the deal tomorrow by doing that rarest of things - beating a Top 7 side.
Mikel Bee

jerroll wrote:
Mikel Bee wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 17:10
DerekRocholl wrote:

Bromley still have 4 games including tomorrow!
Ah. Yes, of course.