FC Halifax (Club Tropicana) The Milk Float Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: FC Halifax (Club Tropicana) The Milk Float Match Thread

Roy57 wrote: 13 Apr 2024, 16:05 I know Chesterfield have sown the title few weeks ago, but results since, lost 4-1 at Dorking, lost at home to Kiddiminster, lost today at Wealdstone,
It's poor. They talk about the integrity of the league. This isn't showing integrity. It's unfair on the clubs who played them earlier. Thank goodness it now won't matter to us when Gateshead beat them on Monday.
Roy57

See the circus which is Wrexham will be playing in league one next year after getting promotion today along side Stockport
ETBee

Entertaining and open game at Maidenhead. Both teams keen to attack and none of this keeping the ball at the back and passing sideways. Deserved win by the Magpies. And no hoofing!
Gateshead very sharp and creative when they get near the goal so if we do end up playing them in the play offs we can't afford to back off like we usually do.
Roy57

Aldershot 0-2 Boringwoid after 15 mins
BeesKnees99

7 games unbeaten is great momentum for us now, not last last season’s limp

Praying that Stead is fine and we can avoid needless injuries against Kiddy

I’m already feeling the nerves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pgbee

Hopefully Halifax can keep Southend out of playoffs, otherwise can them going up.
MCB

Amazing. Proud of the team.

For the first time in 7 (?) play offs we will go in as favourites. I can only assume the lack of optimism and excitement is down to our past record, but we have a very real crack at bringing league football back to the club.

Congrats to DB for an incredible transformation, TK for backing him up when needed, now let's see the team do it for us, the fans
john dockers shorts

becbee wrote: 13 Apr 2024, 16:14
Roy57 wrote: 13 Apr 2024, 16:05 I know Chesterfield have sown the title few weeks ago, but results since, lost 4-1 at Dorking, lost at home to Kiddiminster, lost today at Wealdstone,
It's poor. They talk about the integrity of the league. This isn't showing integrity. It's unfair on the clubs who played them earlier. Thank goodness it now won't matter to us when Gateshead beat them on Monday.
In the likely scenario we mess up playoffs at least we're likely to play Wealdstone so I'm quite happy Chesterfield are on the beach
bzzzzz

Very accomplished performance.

Two quick goals, and well taken I might add, followed by a solid performance.

3 wins from league two 😊
John Hunt

Roy57 wrote: 13 Apr 2024, 16:17 See the circus which is Wrexham will be playing in league one next year after getting promotion today along side Stockport
both on merit. Good luck to them
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
pgbee

Roy57 wrote: 13 Apr 2024, 16:17 See the circus which is Wrexham will be playing in league one next year after getting promotion today along side Stockport
Shows what can be done with two sugar daddies and an unlimited pot of money, maybe success can be bought after all. Hopefully one day the money source will get bored and they'll drop back to their rightful level.
John Hunt

becbee wrote: 13 Apr 2024, 16:14

Or both teams raised their game to beat them. Gentleman Sammy Cox has started off well at our friendly neighbours. With Kiddy already down should they beat us next week it removes people questioning our integrity to relegate Wealdstone.
Last edited by John Hunt on 13 Apr 2024, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
thebeekeeper

Fantastic to nail down a top three spot today, and put ourselves in pole position for second place. What a great effort from the team this season.

Looking at the broader play-off picture, I sincerely hope that Halifax can pick up one win from their three fixtures over the next week, because I really don't want to see Southend make the playoffs - I could imagine them winning it with the form they're on. You would hope that Halifax have enough to beat one of Ebbsfleet (H), Oldham (H) or Eastleigh (A).

It's not easy predicting who will finish where because Gateshead also have three matches to play, but I suspect that Altrincham will come fourth - their final match is home to Oxford City, which they should win. Altrincham are on great form at the moment, so it might be advantageous for us to finish 2nd and avoid then in the semi-finals.

Perhaps something to keep in mind when we consider whether to rest players for the Kidderminster game.
PBBee

FC Halifax (Club Tropicana) The Milk Float Match Thread

Confused by the joy of Gateshead losing as we’d won & confirmed top 3 no matter their result?I actually wanted them 4th originally to ideally avoid them but can’t see that happening now, 7th more likely I’d say (though they have a good away record).

Solid performance today & managed the game well with the lead. A lot of goals have come from Cropper throws recently!

Stead looked like a dead leg he couldn’t run off so hopefully fine for the play-offs. Exepct a rest next week maybe. I really cannot decide what our best formation currently is (nor the exact 11!) - good problem to have I suppose.

A point next week should confirm 2nd but may not even need that.

Bring on that huge game in 2 weeks!
john dockers shorts

pgbee wrote: 13 Apr 2024, 18:20
Shows what can be done with two sugar daddies and an unlimited pot of money, maybe success can be bought after all. Hopefully one day the money source will get bored and they'll drop back to their rightful level.

Wow you're a heap of fun. All those fans celebrating, all those memories created!