FC Halifax (Club Tropicana) The Milk Float Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
11bee717
Posts: 1148
Joined: 02 May 2022, 15:07

Re: FC Halifax (Club Tropicana) The Milk Float Match Thread

Post: # 373586Post 11bee717 »

Lovely stuff, nice and clinical too. Hope Steady is ok!
Roy57
Posts: 3428
Joined: 22 Sep 2018, 10:43

Re: FC Halifax (Club Tropicana) The Milk Float Match Thread

Post: # 373587Post Roy57 »

Dean's post match interview he said Pritch was booked in to have back operation and should be back in around Five days, thankfully just be a small op as otherwise not heard of someone being back in contention after five days, doesn't sound good for Wynter or Thompson, thankfully Stead was just a dead leg, great achievement to finish second after last season, huge congratulations to all staff, coaches, medical team, players Dean and TK. Fully deserved. Now it's nail biting time and fingers crossed, not sure if TK is thinking of how he can get bums on seats at the Hive for the play offs.
becbee
Posts: 11972
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: FC Halifax (Club Tropicana) The Milk Float Match Thread

Post: # 373588Post becbee »

Echo the Congratulations. As far as I'm concerned, we have been in the top 3 all season so we deserved to finish there. What happens from here could go any way, all the teams involved will be equally determined, Play Offs are a lottery. Fingers crossed.
User avatar
ninestein
Posts: 7045
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 20:00

Re: FC Halifax (Club Tropicana) The Milk Float Match Thread

Post: # 373589Post ninestein »

We don't know which semi final we're going to be in yet, but we might well do come Tuesday. Once we know the kick-off time, we can start pre-selling tickets like we did with Boreham Wood last year. We really should be going all out to fill the Hive for this.

Also, assuming Southend aren't in the picture, how much of an allocation would we really need to afford for the likes of Altrincham, Solihull, Gateshead or Halifax? Is it worth keeping them in the West corner and having the North Stand all Barnet? Make it look full for the cameras!
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
User avatar
Berlinbee
Posts: 380
Joined: 16 Apr 2017, 09:12

Re: FC Halifax (Club Tropicana) The Milk Float Match Thread

Post: # 373590Post Berlinbee »

I did think this earlier. Are any spectators allowed in the south without the stand? Would TK fork out for a small temporary quick assemble terrace for the game? Be good to have a closed atmosphere at the ground
beew
Posts: 4734
Joined: 29 Jan 2012, 17:46

Re: FC Halifax (Club Tropicana) The Milk Float Match Thread

Post: # 373591Post beew »

Probably be an option that buying a Kidderminster ticket guarantees a playoff ticket. Would be good to see us fill the Hive for both games.
User avatar
PBBee
Posts: 4904
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 01:04

Re: FC Halifax (Club Tropicana) The Milk Float Match Thread

Post: # 373593Post PBBee »

Roy57 wrote:Dean's post match interview he said Pritch was booked in to have back operation and should be back in around Five days, thankfully just be a small op as otherwise not heard of someone being back in contention after five days, doesn't sound good for Wynter or Thompson, thankfully Stead was just a dead leg, great achievement to finish second after last season, huge congratulations to all staff, coaches, medical team, players Dean and TK. Fully deserved. Now it's nail biting time and fingers crossed, not sure if TK is thinking of how he can get bums on seats at the Hive for the play offs.
He was clearly very happy but agreed quite ominous defensively - being forced into 4 at the back might not be the worst thing ever?

Feels the play offs may come too early for Oluwo especially as he said he felt the injury this week, also he was quite rusty in his first few games back last time.

Pritch missing the play offs would be a big blow with his experience but his back doesn’t seem right & has come back a few times recently, wasn’t great Tuesday either. Gorman couldn’t get in the team when they were all fit!
Tuesds
Posts: 3425
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 12:26

Re: FC Halifax (Club Tropicana) The Milk Float Match Thread

Post: # 373594Post Tuesds »

ninestein wrote: 13 Apr 2024, 19:51 We don't know which semi final we're going to be in yet, but we might well do come Tuesday. Once we know the kick-off time, we can start pre-selling tickets like we did with Boreham Wood last year. We really should be going all out to fill the Hive for this.

Also, assuming Southend aren't in the picture, how much of an allocation would we really need to afford for the likes of Altrincham, Solihull, Gateshead or Halifax? Is it worth keeping them in the West corner and having the North Stand all Barnet? Make it look full for the cameras!
Forget making it look full for the cameras - the primary concern should be ensuring that as many Barnet fans who want to be there can be there.

Regardless of which team makes the semi final against us - and that includes Southend - there is absolutely no reason to give them any more seats than we gave to Boreham Wood last year. It should probably just be the first block in the North Stand, in fact. That must be about 600 seats (?), which is well over 10% of capacity so it’s more than fair.

We will fill the rest for a one-off shot at Wembley and the play-off final, and if not it’ll be near as damn it. Even if Southend or Oldham were to make the semi, why should we lock Barnet fans - and more vocal support - out of the ground in favour of boosting the numbers for the opposition?
letchbee94
Posts: 8149
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 20:59

Re: FC Halifax (Club Tropicana) The Milk Float Match Thread

Post: # 373598Post letchbee94 »

Excellent and quick start to the game from us.
Got the 2 goals and defended well at the back.

Season ticket holders should get 2 day priority to get tickets like we did last season for play off game.
Will be tough whoever we face but i really believe we are going to get to the final
Last year's defeat will spur team on and we got players on form
WhetstoneBee
Posts: 732
Joined: 04 Feb 2011, 14:37

Re: FC Halifax (Club Tropicana) The Milk Float Match Thread

Post: # 373599Post WhetstoneBee »

A huge achievement by DB and the players whatever happens next - all credit to them. Let’s hope we can make it count!
User avatar
CrawleyBee
Posts: 1914
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 14:09
Location: Crawley

Re: FC Halifax (Club Tropicana) The Milk Float Match Thread

Post: # 373600Post CrawleyBee »

Tuesds wrote: 13 Apr 2024, 21:04
ninestein wrote: 13 Apr 2024, 19:51 We don't know which semi final we're going to be in yet, but we might well do come Tuesday. Once we know the kick-off time, we can start pre-selling tickets like we did with Boreham Wood last year. We really should be going all out to fill the Hive for this.

Also, assuming Southend aren't in the picture, how much of an allocation would we really need to afford for the likes of Altrincham, Solihull, Gateshead or Halifax? Is it worth keeping them in the West corner and having the North Stand all Barnet? Make it look full for the cameras!
Forget making it look full for the cameras - the primary concern should be ensuring that as many Barnet fans who want to be there can be there.

Regardless of which team makes the semi final against us - and that includes Southend - there is absolutely no reason to give them any more seats than we gave to Boreham Wood last year. It should probably just be the first block in the North Stand, in fact. That must be about 600 seats (?), which is well over 10% of capacity so it’s more than fair.

We will fill the rest for a one-off shot at Wembley and the play-off final, and if not it’ll be near as damn it. Even if Southend or Oldham were to make the semi, why should we lock Barnet fans - and more vocal support - out of the ground in favour of boosting the numbers for the opposition?
agree with this. Would need to manage the ticket situation well to ensure home end is just Barnet fans. I think we have wood 800 tickets.
Formerly Watfordbee
WillesdenBee
Posts: 710
Joined: 22 Aug 2020, 09:01

Re: FC Halifax (Club Tropicana) The Milk Float Match Thread

Post: # 373601Post WillesdenBee »

Halifax were toothless but we did exactly what was required. Perfect game plan, executed superbly. 2 early goals, clearly identifying their weakness from wide areas, another assist for Coker and another goal from a long throw. Then we simply just sat in a shape and restricted Halifax to very very little. Keeley did we had to do to with precision, although not that much! Brunt was superb in the middle of the pitch, won every single duel he had. Gorman and Collinge showed their quality and quite frankly we were comfortable all afternoon. Possibly should’ve added another one with Brunt going through on goal and a header from Nicke but who cares.

19 points out of 36 against the 6 teams below us isn’t a bad record whatsoever. Over the course of the season, if you only include games against those 6 teams, at that points per game, we’d average out to 72 and we’d still be in the play offs. On top of that, you could argue that definitely Gateshead away and potentially Solihull away we shouldve picked up 5 more points on top of that. So for all that nonsense that we don’t beat or play well against anyone half decent, yesterday was for you.

We are already one better than last year and the nerves have already kicked in for what’s to come in a fortnights time. It’s been a pleasure watching this team this season and all 100 or so of us yesterday showed how proud we are of the squad. It’s now time, if it wasn’t before, for EVERYONE to get behind what’s the most likeable, passionate and together group we will have at this club for a long while.
JWTBee
Posts: 1631
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 17:31
Location: Whitstable,Kent

Re: FC Halifax (Club Tropicana) The Milk Float Match Thread

Post: # 373603Post JWTBee »

WillesdenBee wrote: 14 Apr 2024, 06:22 Halifax were toothless but we did exactly what was required. Perfect game plan, executed superbly. 2 early goals, clearly identifying their weakness from wide areas, another assist for Coker and another goal from a long throw. Then we simply just sat in a shape and restricted Halifax to very very little. Keeley did we had to do to with precision, although not that much! Brunt was superb in the middle of the pitch, won every single duel he had. Gorman and Collinge showed their quality and quite frankly we were comfortable all afternoon. Possibly should’ve added another one with Brunt going through on goal and a header from Nicke but who cares.

19 points out of 36 against the 6 teams below us isn’t a bad record whatsoever. Over the course of the season, if you only include games against those 6 teams, at that points per game, we’d average out to 72 and we’d still be in the play offs. On top of that, you could argue that definitely Gateshead away and potentially Solihull away we shouldve picked up 5 more points on top of that. So for all that nonsense that we don’t beat or play well against anyone half decent, yesterday was for you.

We are already one better than last year and the nerves have already kicked in for what’s to come in a fortnights time. It’s been a pleasure watching this team this season and all 100 or so of us yesterday showed how proud we are of the squad. It’s now time, if it wasn’t before, for EVERYONE to get behind what’s the most likeable, passionate and together group we will have at this club for a long while.
Very well said! Seconded!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
becbee
Posts: 11972
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: FC Halifax (Club Tropicana) The Milk Float Match Thread

Post: # 373605Post becbee »

JWTBee wrote: 14 Apr 2024, 08:51
WillesdenBee wrote: 14 Apr 2024, 06:22 Halifax were toothless but we did exactly what was required. Perfect game plan, executed superbly. 2 early goals, clearly identifying their weakness from wide areas, another assist for Coker and another goal from a long throw. Then we simply just sat in a shape and restricted Halifax to very very little. Keeley did we had to do to with precision, although not that much! Brunt was superb in the middle of the pitch, won every single duel he had. Gorman and Collinge showed their quality and quite frankly we were comfortable all afternoon. Possibly should’ve added another one with Brunt going through on goal and a header from Nicke but who cares.

19 points out of 36 against the 6 teams below us isn’t a bad record whatsoever. Over the course of the season, if you only include games against those 6 teams, at that points per game, we’d average out to 72 and we’d still be in the play offs. On top of that, you could argue that definitely Gateshead away and potentially Solihull away we shouldve picked up 5 more points on top of that. So for all that nonsense that we don’t beat or play well against anyone half decent, yesterday was for you.

We are already one better than last year and the nerves have already kicked in for what’s to come in a fortnights time. It’s been a pleasure watching this team this season and all 100 or so of us yesterday showed how proud we are of the squad. It’s now time, if it wasn’t before, for EVERYONE to get behind what’s the most likeable, passionate and together group we will have at this club for a long while.
Very well said! Seconded!
Completely agree, one of the best posts I've read for a while.
becbee
Posts: 11972
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: FC Halifax (Club Tropicana) The Milk Float Match Thread

Post: # 373606Post becbee »

Listened to the Halifax manager's post match interview. Loved how he blamed their slow start ( and so conceding 2 goals ) on the Accrington hospitality. If we get them in the P.O. semi we'll have to go to town with the Welcoming Mat!
Post Reply