Kidderminster Harriers (THTS) The Hawkward Goodbye Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Jdk103

Re: Kidderminster Harriers (THTS) The Hawkward Goodbye Match Thread

Tell you what, If we don’t go up this season I reckon we walk the league next year
pgbee

Jdk103 wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 20:49 Tell you what, If we don’t go up this season I reckon we walk the league next year
Need to go up this year as Oldham, Southend, Yeovil will be looking at doing a Chesterfield.
rudebwoyben

Oldham look a complete mess with no end in sight and I think Yeovil would have to strengthen a lot to be title challengers.
Southend do look strong granted, but a title challenge is dependent on the sale of the club actually being completed.
let_it_bee

Beenaround wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 20:23 Keeley is a risk today he cocked up at the goal it was his fault and twice he was too far out of his goal and was lucky as his clearances were poor.
I’m concerned if we get to Wembley on a big pitch he will get caught out and cost us a place and simply go back to Spurs the only player to get to Wembley in years.
I know what you mean but let’s be honest, Walker is every bit as prone to such misjudgments. On balance, for me, Keeley is a lot better at commanding his area and claiming crosses etc. Also showed against Bromley how good he is in one on one situations. So I’d definitely opt for him, although it’s a bit harsh on Walker, who always showed great character and commitment when he was in the side.
let_it_bee

WhetstoneBee wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 20:36
hoofer2 wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 18:51 My startin XI would be..

Walker

Collinge Thomson Okimo

Cropper Kanu

Gorman Hartigan

Freeman, Kabamba, Stead
Coker for Kanu and I’d agree, though if Pritchard is fit I’d probably start him over Freeman despite today’s impressive display.
No way could you possibly leave Freeman out after today’s performance. That would be crazy.
djhdjh

Crazy would be picking the team for a play-off match based on one game against a team nowhere near play-off standard where neither team was going full intensity.

If Pritchard is ready, he has to play. None of our other midfielders have his ability to combine physicality with threat to the opposition goal. And we will need a midfield that can press and tackle without the ball against a better opponent. Him and Stead would be ideal as the advanced midfielders but who knows if they will both be able to play. I suspect Pritchard starts and Stead is on the bench with Freeman starting but who knows.

I'd also gamble on Oluwo starting to give us some pace against counter attacks but that would be a huge risk and I don't think they'll do it.
gowerfan

I thought Keeley was superb today and was badly let down by his defence for the goal. He alone is responsible for our superb end to the season and Wembley will be the perfect stage for him to sign off his and our season. He has a very bright future and we shall miss him next season.
becbee

gowerfan wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 21:36 I thought Keeley was superb today and was badly let down by his defence for the goal. He alone is responsible for our superb end to the season and Wembley will be the perfect stage for him to sign off his and our season. He has a very bright future and we shall miss him next season.
Keeley was fine today and wasn't to blame for the goal but to say that "he alone is responsible for our superb end to the season" is nonsense.
Since when did any team win 4-1 solely due to their goalkeeper?
gafferbee

What’s stopping Keeley from coming to us on a season-long loan next year if we’re in L2? Seems a decent option for all parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
let_it_bee

djhdjh wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 21:28 Crazy would be picking the team for a play-off match based on one game against a team nowhere near play-off standard where neither team was going full intensity.

If Pritchard is ready, he has to play. None of our other midfielders have his ability to combine physicality with threat to the opposition goal. And we will need a midfield that can press and tackle without the ball against a better opponent. Him and Stead would be ideal as the advanced midfielders but who knows if they will both be able to play. I suspect Pritchard starts and Stead is on the bench with Freeman starting but who knows.

I'd also gamble on Oluwo starting to give us some pace against counter attacks but that would be a huge risk and I don't think they'll do it.
Not just one game -he’s shown class in every game I’ve seen him (admittedly that’s home games only). Should certainly be ahead of Brunt in the pecking order. If Pritchard is fit that does present a selection dilemma. Can we really afford to play him, Gorman and Hartigan. Wouldn’t want to see any of them left out but would leave us a bit short of cutting edge going forward.
Berlinbee

gafferbee wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 23:39 What’s stopping Keeley from coming to us on a season-long loan next year if we’re in L2? Seems a decent option for all parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Spurs have said they want him on loan at a League One club next season.

At least the successful loan has strengthened the link with Spurs
John Hunt

Let's not even think about next season yet and concentrate our minds on hopefully one more win at home and one just up the Jubilee line from The Hive.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
letchbee94

Good way to finish the regular end of the season.
4 goals and 4 different scores is good to see.
Good to have our players back in form just in time for play offs.
Itsmeerc

Had a quick look back at the past few seasons as I wanted to compare our final total of 86 points to previous years to see where we would have finished. Interesting to put it into context:

22/23: 3rd
21/22: 4th
20/21: Champions
19/20: 2nd based on the PPG amassed when the season was ended
18/19: 2nd
17/18: 2nd