Solihull Moors (THTS) The Minging to Winning Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
john dockers shorts

Re: Solihull Moors (THTS) The Minging to Winning Match Thread

Well I celebrated at the end... won £121 on a 4 nil defeat
HertsBee

Looked like plan was to get an early goal, not concede one. Once that happened we were clueless as to how to go about changing things.
Chainsaw

Sam_BFC wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 18:20 Well and truly schooled and desperately disappointing.

Questions naturally being asked about team selection though it is very much easy to do so after the fact.

Second in the league. Strong home advantage. Bring Barnet Back in full swing. TK’s 30th year(?). Shrewsbury, Notts County, Wood - never really felt like we were quite there yet. This year felt different. I see in the newsletter from BBB that fans had already booked flights from Japan for next week. Similarly here albeit with flexible tickets.

After an otherwise fantastic season, what is crucial now is that the project of the past two years doesn’t end here. Come on Bees.
Amen to this. Good post.
pkbee

All the players who have done so well all season chose today to have their worst game for the club. Was Just kind of surreal watching collinge and okimo standing still on set pieces. Hartigan giving the ball away every time. Even not one of Jordan’s long throws beat the first man. Such another sad day to add to the big game failures.
Still champions in 05 and 15. 2025 will be our year. It’s written in the stars.
CrawleyBee

Beesting wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 19:17 The system doesn’t work, three centre back with Hartigan also playing as one. Kabamba up top all on his own with zero support and zero movement. We are so slow in possession, we just allow Solihull to get into their shape.

They’re not reinventing the wheel but they play to their strengths.

The big worry was the lack of any idea after we went 1 down and also the body language was shocking, we looked beat after 15 minutes.
This the game was over as soon as the team/formation was released. Should have gone for it, we held back and were punished. Done with football this season.
Formerly Watfordbee
TWS

I wasn't confident when I saw the team news and unfortunately nobody apart from maybe one player turned up. These collapses in big games over the past few years need to stop to ever get out of this league.

After the game went for a walk in the Cornish sea air and cleared my head. We should have a large amount coming in next season from the EMC and possible Edwards transfers. We need to strengthen again, pick ourselves up and go for it again next season. We've built solidly since the covid calamity season. Nobody gets out of this league without a solid base. We have that and have to trust those in charge to deliver next season, which we are more than capable of doing.

We just need to step away, enjoy the summer and come back in a few months with this out our system.
PBBee

Anyone else look at league 2 & think it looks pretty boring - at least we might win a few more games next season……….but we could’ve done that after losing at Wembley next!

Even annoyed right now the Wood went down - we take close to 1000 most times there.

None of those players gained any experience from that - so embarrassing.
BeesKnees99

Solihull Moors (THTS) The Minging to Winning Match Thread

Let me first say that I have a lot of time for this squad, who’ve given us some great moments this season, but as a self-confessed pessimist, even I could never have imagined the humiliation we witnessed today.

It was painfully clear from the outset that the players were crumbling under the weight of expectation. When the ever-reliable Hartigan misplaces that many passes you know the team is nervous. We looked shell-shocked by the early goal and never at ANY stage did we look like scoring. Even at 3-0 down we were pissing about with it. Nicke had no service and was utterly bullied by their CB.

Halifax, who were absolutely abysmal in the eliminator, were 3-0 down to Solihull on Wednesday and still managed to get within a hair’s breadth of getting it back to 3-3. The extent of our capitulation considering we finished SECOND compared to Halifax’s SEVENTH, is simply unforgivable.

Huge credit to Andy Whing and Solihull. That was, in my opinion, not just the perfect away performance, but the perfect performance full stop. Rock solid at the back, ruthless up front, playing with the kind of freedom that being the underdog allows. Osbourne is different gravy.

As for Dean Brennan, I’m afraid he’s developing something of a reputation for bottling the big occasion. Pritchard and Oluwo were clearly in no state to start the match. The subs were a joke. Freeman and Gorman should not have been taken off. Brunt made no impact. What was Brennan writing in his notes at Solihull on Wednesday?

I don’t actually feel angry. I feel embarrassed for the players and bitterly disappointed in Brennan, who I trusted to deliver a better outcome than last season’s shitshow against Boreham Wood. Suddenly that performance doesn’t seem so bad.

Once again, Barnet FC are the nearly-men. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

4,000-odd fans with not a single moment to cheer.

Gutting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jdmckbee

Just didn't turn up today.

Certainly wasnt the team that have on the whole entertained us this season for 40 odd matches.

It's been a great season, with a bad ending.

All part of being a supporter.

We'll win the league next season.
We're the West Bank Underhill......
Sam_BFC

Post match interview suggests that some picked up knocks in training which led to enforced changes to team selection.
CrawleyBee

BeesKnees99 wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 19:53 Let me first say that I have a lot of time for this squad, who’ve given us some great moments this season, but as a self-confessed pessimist, even I could never have imagined the humiliation we witnessed today.

It was painfully clear from the outset that the players were crumbling under the weight of expectation. When the ever-reliable Hartigan misplaces that many passes you know the team is nervous. We looked shell-shocked by the early goal and never at ANY stage did we look like scoring. Even at 3-0 down we were pissing about with it. Nicke had no service and was utterly bullied by their CB.

Halifax, who were absolutely abysmal in the eliminator, were 3-0 down to Solihull on Wednesday and still managed to get within a hair’s breadth of getting it back to 3-3. The extent of our capitulation considering we finished SECOND compared to Halifax’s SEVENTH, is simply unforgivable.

Huge credit to Andy Whing and Solihull. That was, in my opinion, not just the perfect away performance, but the perfect performance full stop. Rock solid at the back, ruthless up front, playing with the kind of freedom that being the underdog allows. Osbourne is different gravy.

As for Dean Brennan, I’m afraid he’s developing something of a reputation for bottling the big occasion. Pritchard and Oluwo were clearly in no state to start the match. The subs were a joke. Freeman and Gorman should not have been taken off. Brunt made no impact. What was Brennan writing in his notes at Solihull on Wednesday?

I don’t actually feel angry. I feel embarrassed for the players and bitterly disappointed in Brennan, who I trusted to deliver a better outcome than last season’s shitshow against Boreham Wood. Suddenly that performance doesn’t seem so bad.

Once again, Barnet FC are the nearly-men. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Gutting.

Couldn’t have put that better myself.
Formerly Watfordbee
jerroll

So another season draws to a close, such a sad ending to a thoroughly enjoyable season. Now is full of raw disappointment and not time to reflect! Thanks to Dean, his staff and the players for what occured before today. A few interesting weeks will now pass until the next time we kick a ball and we won't see some of these players in a Barnet shirt again. lets hope we can build a squad to go 1 better in the league and not have to rely on the horrible playoffs.
john dockers shorts

Absolutely devastated we won't be going to Newport Harrogate, Swindon....Gillingham..not!

Fantastic season. Shit last game.

Thats football.

DB has been Fantastic....we will improve and be better for today
DerekRocholl

PBBee wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 19:50 Anyone else look at league 2 & think it looks pretty boring - at least we might win a few more games next season……….but we could’ve done that after losing at Wembley next!

Even annoyed right now the Wood went down - we take close to 1000 most times there.

None of those players gained any experience from that - so embarrassing.
Swindon, Notts County, Carlisle, Tranmere, Gillingham, Colchester, Walsall, Bradford, MK Dons (possibly).

No, I dont think that looks boring compared to another season playing the likes of Woking, Wealdstone, Eastleigh and Fylde with the addition of FGR, Sutton and whoever comes up from the NLS and NLN.

Desperately disappointing end to what had been a good season. I feel disappointed for the whole club and thinking about having to go through it all again in the National League next season makes it worse.
Last edited by DerekRocholl on 27 Apr 2024, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
john dockers shorts

BeesKnees99 wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 19:53 Let me first say that I have a lot of time for this squad, who’ve given us some great moments this season, but as a self-confessed pessimist, even I could never have imagined the humiliation we witnessed today.

Gutting.

Neutral came with me...raving over Brunt. Freeman is a skilful slug. Should never off started but had a good 90 v a crap Kiddy side and got selected.