Solihull Moors (THTS) The Minging to Winning Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Solihull Moors (THTS) The Minging to Winning Match Thread

So..... Saturday sees the bees taking on Solihull Moors in the most important match since Mauro nodded us in to the league 9 years ago.

Solihull have had to carefully marshall their resources after initially being financially buffered by their owners and their abandonment of their promotion campaign last season was a clear sign of a club operating within its means. It has paid dividends this season as an excellent team has marched in to the playoffs although recent form of 7 points from 5 games suggests that cup commitments and a small squad may take something of a toll.

I have made land rover puns every time we played Solihull but these are hardly a voyage of discovery anymore so will go off road this time. I did discover that Solihull was also the home to the oldest surviving cheese makers in the country who have been going since 1670. While I don't think beating Solihull will be a brieze I am sure we will give it edam good try. As long as we do better than we did against relegated (lol) Boredom Hoof, (I stilton haven't forgotten how bad we were that day - it really gets my goat). I am sure Brennan is getting his troops ready and he will give the players roquefort if they don't put in their best performance against the Moors.

Our playoff record is not great but I kind of ignore that sort of thing. It is a different team and manager from alot of our playoff heartache and only we the supporters are around to bemoan our mental scars from previous playoff campaigns. For me when I think that we had the minging Solihull Manager, Tim Flowers among a succession of dud appointments and now we have the best manager in the National League I think we are on a genuine upward trajectory. He has put together a committed and talented group of professionals and whatever happens on Saturday I am proud of our efforts this season.

In terms of team lineup while I would ike to see us stick with a 4-3-3 I think this will play in to Solihull's hands. Much as it pains me I think three at the back is best although I would go with a box midfield to give Hartigan some support.

---------------------------------Keeley----------------------------------

--------------Collinge---------Thompson------------Okimo-----------

-----Pritchard----------Gorman---------Hartigan----------Kanu-----

---------------Stead--------Kabamba---------Freeman----------

Subs: Walker, Oluwu, Cropper, O'Donkor, Brunt (Coker) (Hall-Johnson)

Not sure if we get 5 or 7 subs (Jerroll?) but if it is 5 I still want a keeper on the bench for a one off game.

Already feeling nervous for this one.

COYBS!
jzsbee

Re: Solihull Moors (THTS) The Minging to Winning Match Thread

Second that line-up.

Come on Barnet!!!
DSM

Cropper for Pritch else agree
WillesdenBee

Keeley
Collinge Thompson Okimo
Cropper Gorman Hartigan Kanu
Freeman Brunt
Kabamba.

That’s what I think we will play. If Pritch is 100%, I think he comes in for brunt.
antbfc

WillesdenBee wrote: 25 Apr 2024, 10:02 Keeley
Collinge Thompson Okimo
Freeman Brunt
Kabamba.

That’s what I think we will play. If Pritch is 100%, I think he comes in for brunt.
Think Stead won't be ready fitness wise?
11bee717

Stead was in one of the training images just posted
WillesdenBee

antbfc wrote: 25 Apr 2024, 10:05
WillesdenBee wrote: 25 Apr 2024, 10:02 Keeley
Collinge Thompson Okimo
Freeman Brunt
Kabamba.

Think Stead won't be ready fitness wise?
I do. I just think he doesn’t start ahead of the 2 I’ve picked. Will Dean? I don’t know. We have a squad of great players in that position, I trust whatever he goes with.
Masuka

My starting lineup:

BEEEEEEEES
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
Bee_Forever

Freeman has looked good when fit but Brunt has not kicked on.

The only reason he would drop Stead would be finishing and if you want that then Brunt is not your guy either.

If your going for Cropper at rwb then the only player who replaces Stead imo is Pritchard.

Can't afford two luxury players against Solihull . There's not much point in getting excited about cheat players and spaces if they don't have the ball.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

jerroll

Bee_Forever wrote: 25 Apr 2024, 09:21 So..... Saturday sees the bees taking on Solihull Moors in the most important match since Mauro nodded us in to the league 9 years ago.

Solihull have had to carefully marshall their resources after initially being financially buffered by their owners and their abandonment of their promotion campaign last season was a clear sign of a club operating within its means. It has paid dividends this season as an excellent team has marched in to the playoffs although recent form of 7 points from 5 games suggests that cup commitments and a small squad may take something of a toll.

I have made land rover puns every time we played Solihull but these are hardly a voyage of discovery anymore so will go off road this time. I did discover that Solihull was also the home to the oldest surviving cheese makers in the country who have been going since 1670. While I don't think beating Solihull will be a brieze I am sure we will give it edam good try. As long as we do better than we did against relegated (lol) Boredom Hoof, (I stilton haven't forgotten how bad we were that day - it really gets my goat). I am sure Brennan is getting his troops ready and he will give the players roquefort if they don't put in their best performance against the Moors.

Our playoff record is not great but I kind of ignore that sort of thing. It is a different team and manager from alot of our playoff heartache and only we the supporters are around to bemoan our mental scars from previous playoff campaigns. For me when I think that we had the minging Solihull Manager, Tim Flowers among a succession of dud appointments and now we have the best manager in the National League I think we are on a genuine upward trajectory. He has put together a committed and talented group of professionals and whatever happens on Saturday I am proud of our efforts this season.

In terms of team lineup while I would ike to see us stick with a 4-3-3 I think this will play in to Solihull's hands. Much as it pains me I think three at the back is best although I would go with a box midfield to give Hartigan some support.

---------------------------------Keeley----------------------------------

--------------Collinge---------Thompson------------Okimo-----------

-----Pritchard----------Gorman---------Hartigan----------Kanu-----

---------------Stead--------Kabamba---------Freeman----------

Subs: Walker, Oluwu, Cropper, O'Donkor, Brunt (Coker) (Hall-Johnson)

Not sure if we get 5 or 7 subs (Jerroll?) but if it is 5 I still want a keeper on the bench for a one off game.

Already feeling nervous for this one.

COYBS!
only 5 subs last night so suspect that is the maximum for playoffs
JWTBee

Keeley
Collinge Thompson Okimo
Freeman Stead
Kabamba

Brunt & Pritch to come on when/if needed.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
JWTBee

I forgot to add - the bench: Walker,Brunt,Pritchard,O'Donkor & Olowu
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
letchbee94

If fit really hope Stead starts. Look much better with him
PBBee

JWTBee wrote: 25 Apr 2024, 11:48 I forgot to add - the bench: Walker,Brunt,Pritchard,O'Donkor & Olowu
Mad to think Coker & RHJ could both not be in the squad - I probably agree with you on the whole 16 too but Dean might feel he needs at least 1 proper full back on the bench.
becbee

I hope we've been practicing penalties. Apart from Kabamba there's nobody I feel particularly confident about , I've seen Pritchard and Gorman miss

I also really hope we have a keeper on the bench - imo we should always do so but even more so when there could be a penalty shoot out.