Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever
Posts: 4331
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 20:25

Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377187Post Bee_Forever »

So..... Monday sees the bees hitchin a ride up the A1 to take on Hitchin Town in a match presumably agreed as part of the Wilkinson deal.

Hitchin is a charming non league club with wooden benches in the stands and a friendly social bar. Having again narrowly avoided relegation thanks to Sutton Colfield resigning from the league they play at Step 3 in the Southern Premier.

It will be a very different barnet team which takes the field with twelve new players. Unlike a few seasons back where we had the likes of Tyrone Duffus lurching round the pitch at Top Field we have some reason for hope this time with all of our new signings getting a good write up.

With Collinge, Brunt and Pritchard out it does ease a few selection headaches. Supposing he is going with his strongest lineup in his preferred michellin formation i would suggest

--------------------------------Hayes---------------------------

-----------Kizzi-----------Tavares------Grimwood----

---francis--------------Hartigan-------------Kanu----

---------------Browne ---Shelton------ clifford-------------

-------------------------Kabamba------------------------------

But honestly it is just guess work.

Hopefully things will become clearer as preseason progresses

COYBS



Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk


Last edited by Bee_Forever on 07 Jul 2024, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.
Ajtheone04
Posts: 941
Joined: 05 May 2019, 12:51

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377189Post Ajtheone04 »

I know its been a while since our last match but i'm pretty sure football teams still need 11 players! ;)
hoppy
Posts: 5185
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 09:43

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377190Post hoppy »

Ajtheone04 wrote: 07 Jul 2024, 19:10 I know its been a while since our last match but i'm pretty sure football teams still need 11 players! ;)
Go on Bee Forever, get the tongues wagging, put in Nile Ranger.
jonbonbaby
Posts: 1698
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 14:37

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377192Post jonbonbaby »

More likely Francis and Browne swap places plus another player obvs :oooops:
Bee_Forever
Posts: 4331
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 20:25

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377193Post Bee_Forever »

Oh dear a tad rusty. Updated

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

jerroll
Posts: 12100
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377195Post jerroll »

I doubt we are even thinking about who is 1st choice yet, I expect 2 mixed XI's playing 45 mins each.
Bee_Forever
Posts: 4331
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 20:25

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377198Post Bee_Forever »

Yes I think that's probably right but I can't do a match thread without a predicted lineup would not feel right!

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

jerroll
Posts: 12100
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377199Post jerroll »

Indeed, fair point B4E
hoofer2
Posts: 5407
Joined: 01 Feb 2011, 13:48

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377200Post hoofer2 »

Expect Okimo to defend as a thoroughbred with others "catching up"... again!

Looking fwd to seeing attacking options... hopefully some out and out wingers where default is not cut inside
jerroll
Posts: 12100
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377201Post jerroll »

hoofer2 wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 11:06 Expect Okimo to defend as a thoroughbred with others "catching up"... again!

Looking fwd to seeing attacking options... hopefully some out and out wingers where default is not cut inside
no chance of the last bit - Pep Guardiola doesn't play that way so everyone has to copy it! watching the euros has driven me mad watching every wide player doing exactly that!
becbee
Posts: 12059
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377209Post becbee »

My daughter said yesterday that with all the rain she was concerned as to whether the match could be waterlogged off. Does anybody have an update ?
hoofer2
Posts: 5407
Joined: 01 Feb 2011, 13:48

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377212Post hoofer2 »

jerroll wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 11:16
hoofer2 wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 11:06 Expect Okimo to defend as a thoroughbred with others "catching up"... again!

Looking fwd to seeing attacking options... hopefully some out and out wingers where default is not cut inside
no chance of the last bit - Pep Guardiola doesn't play that way so everyone has to copy it! watching the euros has driven me mad watching every wide player doing exactly that!
Snap!! Even when Saka was swapped to left still did the same
jerroll
Posts: 12100
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377214Post jerroll »

hoofer2 wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 13:24
jerroll wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 11:16
hoofer2 wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 11:06 Expect Okimo to defend as a thoroughbred with others "catching up"... again!

Looking fwd to seeing attacking options... hopefully some out and out wingers where default is not cut inside
no chance of the last bit - Pep Guardiola doesn't play that way so everyone has to copy it! watching the euros has driven me mad watching every wide player doing exactly that!
Snap!! Even when Saka was swapped to left still did the same
i sit there shouting at the tv go bloody outside for once!!
WillesdenBee
Posts: 768
Joined: 22 Aug 2020, 09:01

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377215Post WillesdenBee »

jerroll wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 13:26
hoofer2 wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 13:24
jerroll wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 11:16
hoofer2 wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 11:06 Expect Okimo to defend as a thoroughbred with others "catching up"... again!

Looking fwd to seeing attacking options... hopefully some out and out wingers where default is not cut inside
no chance of the last bit - Pep Guardiola doesn't play that way so everyone has to copy it! watching the euros has driven me mad watching every wide player doing exactly that!
Snap!! Even when Saka was swapped to left still did the same
i sit there shouting at the tv go bloody outside for once!!
Lucky he couldn't hear otherwise we would be going home!!
jerroll
Posts: 12100
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377216Post jerroll »

WillesdenBee wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 13:27
jerroll wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 13:26
hoofer2 wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 13:24
jerroll wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 11:16
hoofer2 wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 11:06 Expect Okimo to defend as a thoroughbred with others "catching up"... again!

Looking fwd to seeing attacking options... hopefully some out and out wingers where default is not cut inside
no chance of the last bit - Pep Guardiola doesn't play that way so everyone has to copy it! watching the euros has driven me mad watching every wide player doing exactly that!
Snap!! Even when Saka was swapped to left still did the same
i sit there shouting at the tv go bloody outside for once!!
Lucky he couldn't hear otherwise we would be going home!!
ironically not for the goal but on numerous other occasions! for Arsenal he mixes it up so it has to be Safegate's instructions to cut inside the whole time.
Post Reply