Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy
Posts: 5185
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 09:43

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377252Post hoppy »

pauln50 wrote: 09 Jul 2024, 07:57 nice ground, good tea hut but no china cups!
Ah, shame.
Times change. I can remember hot drinks being served at Underhill in china mugs. George Sturman, the Catering Manager, would walk around the terrace looking for stray ones that hadn’t been returned.
Happy days!
Jdk103
Posts: 370
Joined: 22 Sep 2020, 10:58

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377254Post Jdk103 »

In terms of the new boys, Kenlock, Wilkinson and Browne looked very sharp. Clifford very busy. Grimwood grew into his half. Tavares looked decent on the right, thought he’d be in the middle. Hayes had little to do, same for Rye and Kizzi. Shelton had to do most of the legwork alongside Blower and was solid enough. No one disgraced themselves. The trialist LWB is rapid but didn’t do a lot else, head seemed to go down after mistakes and was at fault for their goal.
jamiefrbees
Posts: 3790
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 11:46

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377255Post jamiefrbees »

Why didn't Francis feature?
Jdk103
Posts: 370
Joined: 22 Sep 2020, 10:58

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377256Post Jdk103 »

Not aware- doesn’t appear to be a DB interview either. Brunt played 45, Pritchard was there but did not feature. No sign of collinge, Kanu, RHJ or Freeman
jerroll
Posts: 12100
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377257Post jerroll »

Jdk103 wrote: 09 Jul 2024, 09:38 Not aware- doesn’t appear to be a DB interview either. Brunt played 45, Pritchard was there but did not feature. No sign of collinge, Kanu, RHJ or Freeman
I would suspect Luke Freeman has moved on as there has been no announcement was made about him signing a new contract unlike Jerome Okimo and Ben Coker.
Jdk103
Posts: 370
Joined: 22 Sep 2020, 10:58

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377259Post Jdk103 »

jerroll wrote: 09 Jul 2024, 09:47
Jdk103 wrote: 09 Jul 2024, 09:38 Not aware- doesn’t appear to be a DB interview either. Brunt played 45, Pritchard was there but did not feature. No sign of collinge, Kanu, RHJ or Freeman
I would suspect Luke Freeman has moved on as there has been no announcement was made about him signing a new contract unlike Jerome Okimo and Ben Coker.
That would make sense. The only way I’d have liked Freeman to stay would’ve been with a full pre season in the tank and it doesn’t appear like that’s the case
DSM
Posts: 564
Joined: 16 Sep 2019, 11:17

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377261Post DSM »

Hope Idris absence isnt related to interest from other teams, conscious him and DC are in their last year under contract. I think if Idris can stay injury free he can have a huge influence on our fortunes this year. He’s proved before when he gets a run of games he can deliver, last season was just very stop start with knocks
beew
Posts: 4753
Joined: 29 Jan 2012, 17:46

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377263Post beew »

DSM wrote: 09 Jul 2024, 10:07 Hope Idris absence isnt related to interest from other teams, conscious him and DC are in their last year under contract. I think if Idris can stay injury free he can have a huge influence on our fortunes this year. He’s proved before when he gets a run of games he can deliver, last season was just very stop start with knocks
Personally I'd rather we cashed in on him. I've always had a feeling he's not a team player.
Beesting
Posts: 1272
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 19:58

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377264Post Beesting »

Agree with Beew, think he flatters to deceive and holds onto the ball far too long. His proneness to go down quite easily has given him a bad reputation with the referees to the point when he is actually fouled he doesnt get it.

I think in Wilkinson we have found a forward player who will provide a proper end product.
WillesdenBee
Posts: 768
Joined: 22 Aug 2020, 09:01

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377265Post WillesdenBee »

My stand outs of the new boys from yesterday were Wilkinson (very prime Harry Kane-esq in the way he protect the ball and finds space to get shots away), Browne (not unexpected, such a threat), Clifford (surprised me a lot, very technical, worked very well with Hartigan), Shelton (only one in the second half to really look to control the game). Grimwood looked impressive as well. Hartigan was the best player on the pitch. Thought Kizzi and Kenlock looked a little off performance wise but most certainly not making any judgements on the 8th July!
FredBee
Posts: 55
Joined: 24 Mar 2023, 18:33

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377266Post FredBee »

Jdk103 wrote:In terms of the new boys, Kenlock, Wilkinson and Browne looked very sharp. Clifford very busy. Grimwood grew into his half. Tavares looked decent on the right, thought he’d be in the middle. Hayes had little to do, same for Rye and Kizzi. Shelton had to do most of the legwork alongside Blower and was solid enough. No one disgraced themselves. The trialist LWB is rapid but didn’t do a lot else, head seemed to go down after mistakes and was at fault for their goal.
I thought the trialist looked Ok (albeit I got there with only 15 mins of the 1st half left) certainly very rapid


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WillesdenBee
Posts: 768
Joined: 22 Aug 2020, 09:01

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377267Post WillesdenBee »

FredBee wrote: 09 Jul 2024, 13:41
Jdk103 wrote:In terms of the new boys, Kenlock, Wilkinson and Browne looked very sharp. Clifford very busy. Grimwood grew into his half. Tavares looked decent on the right, thought he’d be in the middle. Hayes had little to do, same for Rye and Kizzi. Shelton had to do most of the legwork alongside Blower and was solid enough. No one disgraced themselves. The trialist LWB is rapid but didn’t do a lot else, head seemed to go down after mistakes and was at fault for their goal.
I thought the trialist looked Ok (albeit I got there with only 15 mins of the 1st half left) certainly very rapid


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The trialist is part of our academy system. I didn't think he looked anywhere near first team football just yet to be honest.
FredBee
Posts: 55
Joined: 24 Mar 2023, 18:33

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377268Post FredBee »

WillesdenBee wrote:
FredBee wrote: 09 Jul 2024, 13:41
Jdk103 wrote:In terms of the new boys, Kenlock, Wilkinson and Browne looked very sharp. Clifford very busy. Grimwood grew into his half. Tavares looked decent on the right, thought he’d be in the middle. Hayes had little to do, same for Rye and Kizzi. Shelton had to do most of the legwork alongside Blower and was solid enough. No one disgraced themselves. The trialist LWB is rapid but didn’t do a lot else, head seemed to go down after mistakes and was at fault for their goal.
I thought the trialist looked Ok (albeit I got there with only 15 mins of the 1st half left) certainly very rapid


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The trialist is part of our academy system. I didn't think he looked anywhere near first team football just yet to be honest.
Probably not to be fair, must be horrible as a trialist trying to ensure you don’t cock up.. someone I never had to worry about with my shamefully poor natural ability


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roy57
Posts: 3452
Joined: 22 Sep 2018, 10:43

Re: Hitchin (away) The Canary Down A Gold Mine Thread

Post: # 377269Post Roy57 »

moortownbee wrote: 09 Jul 2024, 10:54 Highlights for those interested

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=uiLr0lKt ... e=youtu.be
With the very good saves Callan made before our first goal, to let Hartigan shot slip under him was poor considering how he handled before.
Post Reply