Hive

The best threads archived for eternal enjoyment.
ninestein

Re: Hive

I'm still thinking that West Stand will be the one to go for. Will offer a great unobstructed view from the side. Yes, I did used to like standing and the atmosphere generated, but as a South Stander for the last 5 years I've got used to sitting. On that side of the ground you won't get the sun in your eyes either as it drops towards the end of the afternoon. I also believe there will be extensive facilities provided behind the stand.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
BeesKnees

ninestein wrote:I'm still thinking that West Stand will be the one to go for. Will offer a great unobstructed view from the side. Yes, I did used to like standing and the atmosphere generated, but as a South Stander for the last 5 years I've got used to sitting. On that side of the ground you won't get the sun in your eyes either as it drops towards the end of the afternoon. I also believe there will be extensive facilities provided behind the stand.
I haven't made my mind up yet. I've always stood\sat behind the goal so I'm leaning towards the terrace at the moment.
kingoffootball

New photo from Twitter:

p.s. Thanks for all the photos Phil, and I like the idea of practising with the turnstiles.
Three-time Conference champions
BeeBee

Phil The Force wrote:I think they are the same ones that were behind the Pavilion, but I only ever saw them from Barnet Lane over the fence.

If you're wondering why I didn't get all the new stand in the photo it was due to the fact that I was actually trying the get the Underground train in the photo as well to remind me of Underhill!

That is a wonderful shot Phil!! Great to capture the tube passing at the same time. (man I feel like a Trainspotter :/....naI'm just very London Centric, so love anything Tube related:D Thanks!

Love the panoramic view from inside the Amber Lounge also!

Great photos! Thanks for uploading Phil The Force!!
Jimbokav1971

Brilliant pics Phil. Thanks.

:hi:
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
Phil The Force

Looking at the new photo the work seems to be coming along nicely.
The stand was just the steelwork when we went there, so the flooring etc. must go up pretty quickly.
I was thinking of going back in a couple of weeks for an update, but I think it'll have to be next week sometime now!
WeStillBelieve

The seats have arrived! Shame they aren't black and amber, were they from another club?
Attachments
Seats
Seats
seats.jpg (148.44 KiB) Viewed 11263 times
BeesKnees

Maybe there is another lot that are amber.
Last edited by BeesKnees on 03 May 2013, 10:08, edited 2 times in total.
BEEGONE

Look like they have been used imo!
jonbonbaby

they are brand new
alex_b

These photos are great, just been looking through the non-league ground guide and was wondering if The Hive is going to have any nice unique features that set it out from the generic prefab sprout sixfields type stadium. I noticed Dartford have a wooden man in one of thier stands and Ive admired Arsenals recent attempts of making the Emirates less plastic, bringing over the clock from highbury, the murial that follows the ground round, highbury square etc. I guess these are thing we could put forward as supporters once we're settled in but it would be good to see.
WeStillBelieve

The seats are beginning to be put in! They are doing it very quickly, so well done to them! :y:
Attachments
Seats Being Put In
Seats Being Put In
seats put in.jpg (48.87 KiB) Viewed 11192 times
Mikel Bee

Would it have cost any more to have orange plastic instead of black? :(
WeStillBelieve

Mikel Bee wrote:Would it have cost any more to have orange plastic instead of black? :(
Maybe they are from another stadium or old seats?

Maybe we are changing our home strip to black :D
barnetpete

Bright seats show up the empty space more....

In all honesty does the colour of the seats actually matter? If it's saved money having black seats, that will reduce our debt/allow more player funds does it matter?
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,