Season 2014/15 Highlights Thread

A store of useful information
Moonchild_Bee

Re: Season 2014/15 Highlights Thread

So, why wasn't the Macc goal offside (not to deflext any attention)?

MBH (?) was offside, and the ball went through his legs - surely he was blocking the view?? Or - obstructing the goalkeeper?

And yes, it was a 'hallehujah - i'm cured' moment by the guy in crutches post Weston's goal :rofl:
rudebwoyben

MBH looked just onside to me but maybe we need to use that web program that you used to show that Togwell didn't handle that shot over the bar at Bristol Rovers last week.
Moonchild_Bee

Torquay now added.

For overseas Bees I saw the the home Torquay game highlights are on Youtube now - so if you couldn't get via the BT Sport highlights you can now see, not that you'd want to.
rudebwoyben

I was looking to see whether anything from Tuesday's match was up on YouTube. There isn't but I did find this from our FA Cup meeting with the Beachboys last season.
http://youtu.be/N2H5LVEAvXc
Itsmeerc

Aldershot highlights already uploaded by their account: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma3xCNBFm4g
BeesKnees

Itsmeerc wrote:Aldershot highlights already uploaded by their account: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma3xCNBFm4g
Love the bit at 2:16 when Stack just runs across the shot and disappears.
jerroll

I think he thought that he normally gets sent off when he comes out that far so he would just keep on running!!
Moonchild_Bee

Updated up to yesterdays game.

Does anyone know if either of the Concord games had highlights?
Mem Beespod

I think these are highlights I shall be avoiding
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
finchleyman

I blame Stack for all four goals!
dawat

The defending for all the goals was not good. The first two goals let Lincoln have far too much time to shoot without their players being closed down properly. The third goal seemed as if our players just didn't have the energy or desire (or both) to get back and mark their attacking players. Or defence was pulled over to their left which allowed at least 3 of their players to be left unmarked in the penalty area. Their last goal was a turn of our defender and tap past Stack, all far too easy.
No doubt tiredness played a part in the players performance, and if he is honest then Stack would admit that it wasn't one of his better days. Whilst I would not blame him for the goals, on another day I am sure he would have stopped at least 2 of them.
Ah well, let's have a good rest over the next two weeks and come out all guns blazing from the start at our next game. These things happen even to the best teams - think of Barcelona at the last Champions League Final - so let's just call it a bad day at the office, learn from the experience and make sure it doesn't happen again this season.
Final point. For all those fans who wanted us to progress in the FA Trophy, do you still think our players would have been able to perform successfully in the Trophy and the remainder of the league games? Just a thought.
PBBee

dawat wrote:Ah well, let's have a good rest over the next two weeks and come out all guns blazing from the start at our next game. These things happen even to the best teams - think of Barcelona at the last Champions League Final - so let's just call it a bad day at the office, learn from the experience and make sure it doesn't happen again this season.
I agree they must have been quite annoyed seeing their arch rivals lift the trophy :spite:
kingoffootball

dawat wrote:The defending for all the goals was not good. The first two goals let Lincoln have far too much time to shoot without their players being closed down properly. The third goal seemed as if our players just didn't have the energy or desire (or both) to get back and mark their attacking players. Or defence was pulled over to their left which allowed at least 3 of their players to be left unmarked in the penalty area. Their last goal was a turn of our defender and tap past Stack, all far too easy.
No doubt tiredness played a part in the players performance, and if he is honest then Stack would admit that it wasn't one of his better days. Whilst I would not blame him for the goals, on another day I am sure he would have stopped at least 2 of them.
Ah well, let's have a good rest over the next two weeks and come out all guns blazing from the start at our next game. These things happen even to the best teams - think of Barcelona at the last Champions League Final - so let's just call it a bad day at the office, learn from the experience and make sure it doesn't happen again this season.
Final point. For all those fans who wanted us to progress in the FA Trophy, do you still think our players would have been able to perform successfully in the Trophy and the remainder of the league games? Just a thought.
One problem with highlights is they take the goals out of their context. Whilst all the goals could have been defended better, the third goal, for example, was very soon after Elliot went off injured and we hadn't re-organised. At that point, Andy Yiadom had switched to LB and Hunt was slotting in to RB, but soon after they swapped to allow Yids back to RB. So that's why there was no-one there on the right side at that point. We could have defended better, but it rare the oppositions punishes you from such a high percentage of their chances.

I'm still not sure why the push on Elliot in the build up to their first goal wasn't given.
Three-time Conference champions