Big games tonight

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
john dockers shorts

Re: Big games tonight

One less toilet to moan about I guess.
Psycho

Not a great weekend for the West Midlands at all!

Birmingham relegated.
Aston Villa lose.
Solihull Moors still in non-league football.
chesbee

rudebwoyben wrote: 05 May 2024, 16:41
John Hunt wrote: 05 May 2024, 16:28
hoofer2 wrote: 05 May 2024, 12:24 Also Scott McGleish team Leverstock Green were surprise playoff victors vs Harpenden Town and in Spartan South Midlands Premier, and contest the final tomorrow vs FC Romania
only 35 tickets left when I bought mine this morning.

Where do FC România play their home matches?
Cheshunt
Sam_BFC

CrawleyBee wrote: 05 May 2024, 16:05
Jdk103 wrote: 05 May 2024, 15:42
BeesKnees99 wrote: 05 May 2024, 14:52 Bromley giving us a proper lesson in how to
A) deal with the big occasion
B) stifle Solihull Moors
Another brilliant take :y:
And tbf at the time of writing a fair take.
With that logic could same have been said about Barnet when they lead 2-1 at the Armco on Good Friday?

Congrats to Bromley.

Hope we see Solihull nice and early in the new season and take the chance to right the play off catastrophe.

Their manager seems to have something about him and I expect they will be a force.
BeesKnees99

Fair play to Bromley. Rose to the big occasion, showed cojones when it really mattered. Could have gone either way but that was an epic contest.

Won’t be joining in the Solihull hate. They pulled our pants down and we completely deserved it.

Woodman & Whing have proven themselves to be big-game managers.

Hope Brennan has been taking notes. Major mentality change needed next season.
ninestein

Solihull have a repeat trip to Wembley in 6 days time. This time, Gateshead will have a point to prove after their playoff issue, and being on the losing end last season.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
hoofer2

Both teams had a good season even if Solihull Moors faded a little after a lightning start to the season.

I think DB needs to rethink his commitment to the high press. Last season Notts County manager said impossible to sustain over a season.

This season we have - but players only seem to be able to play for 60 mins before fatigue sets in.

I saw the home and away matches vs Solihull and Bromley and both sides are setup to ensure players perform over 90 minutes.

This season Solihull Manager was rubbing his hands at the formation on the play-off Semi - too easy to get behind the defence - and inexplicably DB made no change after going 2 nil down.

I think we look more solid with a flat 4 and extra body in midfield... but lets see. We should be looking forward to top 7 finish - let's see if we can start to win the pressure games
djhdjh

BeesKnees99 wrote: 05 May 2024, 17:07 Fair play to Bromley. Rose to the big occasion, showed cojones when it really mattered. Could have gone either way but that was an epic contest.

Won’t be joining in the Solihull hate. They pulled our pants down and we completely deserved it.

Bromley hardly rose to the occasion. They scored because of two defensive howlers and the Bromley goalkeeper messed up for Solihull's first as well. It was not an epic game - both teams were miles better in their previous rounds, helped by who they were playing of course.

The time for your victory lap was last week when we were terrible. Trying to extend it to that game is much too far.
pgbee

hoofer2 wrote: 05 May 2024, 17:33 Both teams had a good season even if Solihull Moors faded a little after a lightning start to the season.

I think DB needs to rethink his commitment to the high press. Last season Notts County manager said impossible to sustain over a season.

This season we have - but players only seem to be able to play for 60 mins before fatigue sets in.

I saw the home and away matches vs Solihull and Bromley and both sides are setup to ensure players perform over 90 minutes.

This season Solihull Manager was rubbing his hands at the formation on the play-off Semi - too easy to get behind the defence - and inexplicably DB made no change after going 2 nil down.

I think we look more solid with a flat 4 and extra body in midfield... but lets see. We should be looking forward to top 7 finish - let's see if we can start to win the pressure games
Control the midfield, control the match.
John Hunt

Congratulations Bromley. I have just read that a friend's Dad who supports them was too ill to go today. I hope he recovers well and they can watch them together in league two.

I have absolutely no axe to grind with Solihull. They were there on merit. They scored ten goals in an ultimately unsuccessful play off campaign. Good luck to them and Gateshead in the play offs.

Still the Southern game to go. Worthing winning will be good.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
BeesKnees99

djhdjh wrote:
BeesKnees99 wrote: 05 May 2024, 17:07 Fair play to Bromley. Rose to the big occasion, showed cojones when it really mattered. Could have gone either way but that was an epic contest.

Bromley hardly rose to the occasion. They scored because of two defensive howlers and the Bromley goalkeeper messed up for Solihull's first as well. It was not an epic game - both teams were miles better in their previous rounds, helped by who they were playing of course.

The time for your victory lap was last week when we were terrible. Trying to extend it to that game is much too far.
Funny how people see things so differently.

I thought Bromley looked solid and disciplined throughout (unlike our nervy back line), and capitalised on two mistakes through sheer desire and ruthlessness (i.e, ‘rose to the occasion’).

Solihull impressed me too, showing immense character to come back twice - once again Osborne ran the show for them.

The point is neither side seemed overwhelmed by the occasion, and the game to’d and fro’d in something of an epic fashion.
becbee

I watched the NLN P.O. Final yesterday and intend to watch the NLS P.O. Final tomorrow ( and follow Enfield Town's P.O. Final).
I went out today and ignored Bromley v Solihull, only checking at just after 5pm when it was full time. Not sour grapes, simply I didn't want to see the 2 teams on the Wembley pitch and be reminded of what we had thrown away.

I think I'm glad Bromley won. At least this way I can see us play Solihull next season as equals and hope we beat them then. Scant consolation but better than seeing them in L2 next season.
Psycho

John Hunt wrote: 05 May 2024, 18:13Still the Southern game to go. Worthing winning will be good.
Woodside Road, Worthing is a bit of a tip and I can see them having to make matches like Southend, and Oldham all-ticket. Also the wind can pick up being a seaside town! But it is a five-minute walk from the train station although car parking is quite strict. Another 3G pitch.

Braintree is a nice enough sleepy town but nearer Suffolk and a fair trek from Liverpool Street. I also remember the smell of cow pats behind the away end! The bank holiday match there when we won 3-0 and they had two players sent off in the first half was an enjoyable day out in the late August sunshine.
rudebwoyben

It’s not a direct train from Liverpool Street to Braintree, IIRC you have to change at Witham.
If it’s a match in winter the pitch is going to be appalling.
I’ve been to Worthing’s ground when they were at Step 4 and in trouble. The ground has been tidied up since then and they’ve fully covered one of the ends but the away section looks pretty small.
Nudger70

Surprised at the antipathy towards Solihull on here. I was fairly neutral on the play off final it’s not Solihull’s fault we forgot to turn up in the playoffs. Making Wembley twice in a season is something we can only dream of. Saying that I would like to see Gateshead win the trophy after their treatment.